The “How To Do Everything” Podcast
How hot right now is the ‘How to Do Everything‘ podcast? Let me count the ways.
- Self-described as ‘half advice show, half survival guide,’ this show is the brain baby of Mike Danforth and Ian Chillag — the producers of NPR’s Wait, Wait, Don’t Tell Me… — +1
- Fred Armisen — who, consequently is also sohotrightnow (shout out to JR Watkins!) — teaches listeners how to make prank calls. Um, hilarious — +1
- Meatloaf’s I Would Do Anything For Love (But I Won’t Do That) v. George Michael’s Father Figure in the Best Worst Song Contest (tough call) — +1
- Features very practical how-to advice that could very well come in handy down the road, like “how to sound like you really and truly understand football at a Superbowl party” or “how to stop a nosebleed” (stuff a slice of raw bacon up the leaky nostril) or “how to eat an oreo properly” or “how to avoid bad jokes in your State of the Union Address” (sorry, President Obama, it was just wayyy too corny) — +1
- Guest appearance by Crispin Glover — +1
…I would continue, but my husband is prodding me to wrap up so that we make it on time for our godson’s birthday party. Perhaps that would be a good one — how to know what to buy a 1 year-old boy. Shopping for babies is perhaps more difficult than shopping for the right bathing suit. Ahhh, so much pressure!!!! Anyway, G2G, but just listen to it. It’s some entertaining, practical, interesting solid hottness right there. LYLAS/B.